Wednesday, January 5, 2011

LCD screen projects

As SAFMC(Singapore Amazing Flying Machine Competition) is just around the corner (slightly more than 2 months left), I decided to learn some programming for electronics. Yesterday, I managed to run some simple programs on an Arduino (my friend gave it to me!) and wanted to move on to the next step today. As such, I managed to set-up the LCD screen (also given to me by my friend) and print my name onto it! Pics below:



After accomplishing the above, I started to think about what I could do the following days with n Arduino, LCD and prototyping board.

The simplest of course are
1) Clock (which I have made so I i do not need another one)
2) GMail notifier (but too many people have done this)
3) Show Room Temperature
4) Indicate the number of articles I have left to read
5) My next meeting

Most likely, I will try to do as many of the above as possible just to get a feel of programming on this board.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment